A big advantage of our online references is that they are automatically updated without disturbing your own notes. Any errors can be corrected immediately, and legal changes can be incorporated regularly.
This year, there have been no major legal updates in PCT, and very few significant updates in the guidelines and applicants guides. We have checked references and annotations that could have changed, and updated where necessary.
Major updates in PCT.App:
1.1 The PCT Union
Currently, there are 157 PCT states. PCT entered into force on Mar 15, 2023 in MU (Mauritius). Other recent PCT states include CV (Cabo Verde) on 6 Jul 22 and IQ (Iraq) on 30 Apr 22.
3.4.2 Confirmation of Incorporation by Reference of Elements and Parts
R. 20.8(a-bis) and R. 20.8(b-bis): EPO withdrew its reservations from 1 Nov 22 because the EPC is no longer incompatible with these PCT rules.
6.6.2 Official Communication under A. 20 to dO/eO’s
R. 47.1(c): CN, KP, KR, MK, MZ, NA, NG, PG, TM as dO/eO’s no longer request systematic communication of copies. JM (a recent PCT state) has been added to the list of dO/eO’s that do not request systematic communication of copies.
15.5 Reservations and Incompatibilities
Details have been double-checked with info on the WIPO website, and updated where necessary. These details are now labelled as “1 Sep 23”.
Examples for specific PCT states have been double-checked with info on the WIPO website, and updated where necessary. These examples are now labelled as “1 Sep 23”.
Current WIPO online PCT references:
- PCT Treaty (Articles) – 1 Apr 02
- PCT Regulations (Rules) – 1 Jul 22
- Admin. Instructions (AI) – 1 Jul 22
- RO Guidelines (RO-GL) – 1 Jul 22
- ISPE Guidelines (ISPE-GL) – 1 Jul 22
- Applicant’s Guide (AG) – continously updated
- Applicant’s Guide (AG) – EQE version
Updated on 31 Oct each year. Accessible during EQE.
- Intro to Internat. Phase (AG-IP) – 9 Feb 23
(this is the same as the html version, dated 15 Sep 23, except for additional questions at the start of selected paragraphs)
- Intro to National Phase (AG-NP) – 9 Feb 23
(this is the same as the html version, dated 15 Sep 23)
Current EPO online PCT references:
- EP – ISA / IPEA Agreement – 1 Apr 23
- Euro-PCT Guide – 1 Jan 23
- EPO: PCT-relevant resources – links
- EPO: PCT-relevant decisions / notices
- EPO: PCT-relevant fees / fee notices
- EPO-PCT Guidelines for Search / Examination (EPO-PCT GL) – 1 Mar 23
- EPO-EPC Guidelines (EPO-EPC GL) – Ch. E-IX – Applns under PCT – 1 Mar 23